Landscapes and Gardens
UI Extension, Payette County horticulture activities are supported by UI Extension, Washington and Ada County educators.
Idaho Master Gardeners are not available for house call service to private homeowners. However, we do accept digital photos and plant samples at our office plant clinics and most problems can be diagnosed or solved in this manner.
Photos and questions may be emailed at any time during the plant clinic season to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also occasionally send fresh plant samples and photos to one of our UI Extension pathologists for diagnosis.
Volunteer-run, no cost plant health care clinics are held every Thursday — June through Sept. from 1-4 p.m. at the UI Extension, Payette County office.
Visit a plant health care clinic to:
- Learn how best to care for your garden and landscape
- Get practical “how-to” advice on many home gardening topics
- Identify many insects, weeds and disease organisms and choose the best treatment options
- Find sources of information
What you’ll need:
- A full description of your situation, including the variety of the plant if possible
- Details about your planting, watering, fertilizing, pesticide use, etc.
- Good samples or photographs that show the whole plant or insect
What to expect:
- Friendly volunteer assistance and their educated “best guess” diagnosis
- A response within 48 hours
- Approved growing and pesticide recommendations from the University of Idaho
- Suggestions for learning more through our quality web and print resources
Contact UI Extension, Payette County at 208-642-6022 or email email@example.com for more information.