The sun is shining. Let’s fire up the grill! The wonderful smoky taste of grilling is a signature American classic that can complement almost any food. A little olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need to spice up some chicken, peppers, pork chops, corn cobs, potatoes, zucchini, steak, stuffed mushrooms, burger patties, hearts of romaine, asparagus, summer sausage… now I’m hungry!
ABC’s of basic grilling to get you started
- Accurate instant-read meat thermometers will take the guesswork out of testing for doneness.
- Burned barbecue is bad barbecue.
- Close lid while cooking.
- Direct cooking method.
- Extinguish flare-ups by closing the lid — never use a water bottle.
- Fuel. Make sure you have enough charcoal or your gas tank is full.
- Grey-ash covered charcoal means you’re ready to cook.
Until Next Week,