Ag Talk Tuesday
Ag Talk Tuesdays are virtual sessions about agriculture with University of Idaho professionals and peers to discuss current crop issues and timely topics as the field season progresses. Each session includes featured topics, questions, updates and current ag events.
Held the first and third Tuesday through May to August via Zoom
2021 Schedule | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mountain Time
Every session begins with crop updates, where U of I personnel and attendees are invited to provide the group with updates of current season crop issues. Featured topics and guest speakers (listed below) follow the round-table crop updates.
- May 4 — Economic injury level for thrips in alfalfa — Reed Findlay & Cereal disease update: How is the season progressing? — Juliet Marshall — Kasia Duellman (host)
- May 18 — Idaho Insect Identification website overview — Brad Stokes, Jason Thomas & Aquifer recharge program — Keith Esplin — Juliet Marshall (host)
- June 1 — Farm stress management — Lance Ellis, Lance Hansen & Post-emergence herbicides for broadleaf and grass control in potatoes — Pam Hutchinson — Kasia Duellman (host)
- June 15 — Topic to be determined — Juliet Marshall (host)
- July 6 — Topic to be determined — Pam Hutchinson (host)
- July 20 — Topic to be determined — Juliet Marshall (host)
- Aug. 3 — Economics/cost of production/markets forecast — Ben Eborn, Extension Ag Economist — Pam Hutchinson
- Aug. 17 — Seed potato germplasm update — Jenny Durrin, Director, Seed Potato Germplasm Program & Fungicide resistance management and fungicide resistance in Fusarium species — Kasia Duellman, Christy Christian — Kasia Duellman (host)
Ag Talk Report
Ag Talk Report is a newsletter issued periodically during the growing season. It summarizes or expands on some of the content from Ag Talk Tuesday sessions and includes other relevant information.