Ag Talk Tuesday
Ag Talk Tuesdays are virtual sessions about agriculture with University of Idaho professionals and peers to discuss current crop issues and timely topics as the field season progresses. Each session includes featured topics, questions, updates and current ag events.
Held the first and third Tuesday through May to August via Zoom
2021 Schedule | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mountain Time
Every session begins with crop updates, where U of I personnel and attendees are invited to provide the group with updates of current season crop issues. Featured topics and guest speakers (listed below) follow the round-table crop updates.
- May 4 — Economic injury level for thrips in alfalfa — Reed Findlay & Cereal disease update: How is the season progressing? — Juliet Marshall — Kasia Duellman (host) — Video
- May 18 — Idaho Insect Identification website overview — Brad Stokes, Jason Thomas & Aquifer recharge program — Keith Esplin — Juliet Marshall (host) — Video
- June 1 — Farm stress management — Lance Ellis, Lance Hansen — Kasia Duellman (host) — Video
- June 15 — PVP and Title V and the implications and impacts for producers — Jeremy Tamsen, Director, Office of Technology Transfer & Post-emergence herbicides for broadleaf and grass control in potatoes — Pam Hutchinson — Juliet Marshall (host)
Seed IP handout (PDF), Jeremy Tamsen
- July 6 — How to implement a barn owl box program in the northwest — Jason Thomas, UI Extension Educator & Overview of weed research at the Kimberly Research and Extension Center — Albert Adjesiwor, Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist — Pam Hutchinson (host) — Video
- July 20 — Federal crop insurance 101 — Ben Thiel, Regional Director, USDA-RMA & Field projects of cropping systems in eastern Idaho — Xi Liang, Associate Professor, Cropping Systems Agronomy — Juliet Marshall (host)
- Aug. 3 — Economics/cost of production/markets forecast — Ben Eborn, Extension Ag Economist & Water and nutrient management updates — Olga Walsh, Extension Cropping Systems Agronomy — Pam Hutchinson (host)
- Aug. 17 — Seed potato germplasm update — Jenny Durrin, Director, Seed Potato Germplasm Program & Fungicide resistance management and fungicide resistance in Fusarium species — Kasia Duellman, Christy Christian — Kasia Duellman (host)
Ag Talk Report is a newsletter issued periodically during the growing season. It summarizes or expands on some of the content from Ag Talk Tuesday sessions and includes other relevant information.