U and I Together
Join University of Idaho Extension for a summer series of fun, virtual activities for all ages. Learn about family finance, healthy snacks, outdoor activities and more.
Register Today — Every Tuesday | June 1-Aug. 17 | 3 p.m. PT/4 p.m. MT
June 1 — Making Family Finance Fun
- What motivates you? Do allowances work? What influences wealth? We will answer these questions and in the process, learn how to improve your financial future.
June 8 — Building Healthy Snacks Using MyPlate
- Learn about MyPlate and building healthy snacks using the five food groups. Walk away knowing how to build your own at home.
June 15 — How Do Bees Make Honey?
- How do honey bees make honey? Come learn the benefits of honey, anti-microbial/bacterial properties of honey and how to test if your honey is real.
June 22 — Get Outdoors: Learn and Love the World Around You
- Explore Idaho. Valley County is north of Boise with several miles of hiking, biking and outdoor adventure. Learn to incorporate the natural world and be responsible for taking care of it.
June 29 — Healthy Breakfast on the Go!
- Take a few minutes to learn to whip up Grab-n-Go Omelet Cups. You’ll have a quick and healthy breakfast as you run out the door.
July 6 — Think Your Drink
- Do you know the amount of calories, nutrients and sugar that can be in beverages? Come find out.
July 13 — Yoga for Kids
- Experience what yoga is, the benefits and some basic poses.
July 20 — ReWilding Challenge: Easy Outdoor Activities
- Cut down on screen time, reconnect with family and nature right outside your door.
July 27 — Steak Anyone?
- What do you need to know to choose and cook a steak to perfection? Beef-It's what's for dinner.
Aug. 3 — Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?
- Chickens can be fun, profitable and they make breakfast. Learn the ins and outs of raising chickens and incredible egg facts.
Aug. 10 — Grow Your Fall Vegetable Crop
- Prepare a fall planting template to place in your fall garden using paper towel, glue and seeds.
Aug. 17 — Air Frying Family Fun
- Come hungry. Everyone will learn how easy, quick and fun making foods in the air fryer can be.
Contact Nic Usabel at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.