Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
University of Idaho Extension, Twin Falls County
630 Addison Ave W, Suite 1600
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Suzann provides leadership and supervision for University of Idaho Extension 4-H Youth Development in Twin Falls County. She collaborates with regional university faculty and community partners to design, implement and evaluate multi-county programming that promotes science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- M.S., University of Minnesota, 1987
- B.S., University of Minnesota, 1984
- Positive youth development
- Volunteer management
- New ideas for established 4-H livestock committees
- University of Idaho Extension provides afterschool educational enrichment
- Leadership Now! 4-H provides leadership opportunities when youth need them
- Idaho’s 4-H STAC positively impacts college and career readiness
- Idaho’s 4-H State Teen Association Convention; STAC’s new name and vision
Suzann provides overall leadership and supervision for the Twin Falls County 4-H Youth Development program. She collaborates with regional University of Idaho faculty and community partners to design, implement and evaluate local and multi-county programming. She collaborates with Twin Falls County school districts to provide school enrichment opportunities and provides leadership to support the well-established traditional 4-H club programs with 779 youth and 223 adult volunteers in 47 clubs, volunteer recruitment and development and educational programming for youth and volunteers. Suzann has developed coalitions with a multitude of youth development organizations in Twin Falls County to expand the reach of 4-H youth development programs, especially programming that promotes interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, beyond the club level. She collaborates with district staff to provide a teen leadership program that creates a cadre of teens who can step into leadership roles in county and district wide 4-H events and activities.
- NAE4-HA 2017 Achievement in Service Award