Timothy G. Ewers
Timothy G. Ewers
Extension Specialist — 4-H Youth Development
Forney Hall, Room 209
UI Extension 4-H Youth Development
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 3015
Moscow, ID 83844-3015
Expanding and bolstering Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in 4-H programs and support for program evaluations.
Ph.D., University of Idaho, 2001
M.S., University of Washington, 1993
B.S., Seattle University, 1985
B.A., Seattle University, 1985
- Program retention among new participants.
- What are the experiences among participants (youth and parents) new to 4-H?
- What influences them to continue in 4-H or to drop out?
- Baumgartner, R.M., & Ewers, T.G. (2020). Parts Organization System for the New LEGO SPIKE Prime Robotics Set. Journal of Extension accepted and in the queue.
- Miller, J.C., Lewis, K., Rea Keywood, J., & Ewers, T.G. (2020). Parental Experience in 4-H and its Effect on Youth Re-enrollment. Journal of Extension accepted and in queue.
- Ewers, TG, Nash S, Ruth, A., & Piaskowski, J. (2020). Lesson Plan Helps Volunteers Improve Learning Among 4-H Youths in Animal Projects. Journal of Extension [Online],58(3) Article v58-3br3. Available at: https://joe.org/joe/2020june/rb3.php.
- Lewis, KM, Ewers, TG, Bird, M, & Wilkins, T (2019). Engage Stakeholders in Program Evaluation: Throw Them a Party! Journal of Extension [Online], 57(4) Article 4IAW5. Available at: https://www.joe.org/joe/2019august/iw5.php.
- Shelstad, N., T. Ewers, D. Gillespie, J. Lindstrom, N. Melville, S. Nash, J. Wilson (co-authors), “New 4-H Staff Orientation Guide,” University of Idaho, 2019. ECS 012. https://www.uidaho.edu/extension/4h/people/securefolder/staff.
- Lewis, KM, Ewers, TG, Miller, JC, Bird, M, Borba, J, Hill RD, Rea-Keywood, J, Shelstad, N, & Trzensniewski, K. (2018). Addressing Retention in Youth Programs: A Survey for Understanding Families’ Experiences. Journal of Extension [Online], 56(3) Article 3TOT3. Available at: https://www.joe.org/joe/2018june/tt3.php.
- Dolecheck, SH, & Ewers, TG (2017). Organizational System for the LEGO WeDo 2.0 Robotics System. Journal of Extension [Online], 55(6) Article 6TOT10. Available at: https://joe.org/joe/2017december/tt10.php.
- Parliamentary procedures training proves to positively impact 4-H meetings
- 2020 Idaho 4-H State Teen Association Convention; a virtual and vibrant change
- Youth in Idaho and Oregon are learning to "dabble in dissection"
- New 4-H staff orientation guide provides foundation for quality programming
- Idaho’s 4-H STAC positively impacts college and career readiness
- Idaho’s 4-H program develops positive attitudes towards science
Timothy Ewers areas of work have been primarily in developing new opportunities within 4-H to participate in authentic science and engineering activities. Early in his career with 4-H he introduced and built the educational robotics programs throughout Idaho. Those programs adopted the FIRST robotics.
- Susan Barkman Award for Research and Evaluation, for the Youth Retention Study, National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals, October 2020.
- Excellence in STEM, for the Dabble in Dissection Curriculum, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, 2020.
- Excellence in Volunteerism for the Idaho 4-H Animal Science Lesson Plans, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, 2020.
- Educational Package Award for the Idaho 4-H Staff Orientation Guide, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, 2020.