Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences
University of Idaho Extension, Canyon County
501 Main St.
Caldwell, ID 83605
Jackie is a registered dietitian nutritionist and licensed Idaho dietitian. She primarily focuses on health and nutrition programming in Canyon County.
M.S., St. Louis University
B.S., University of Idaho
- Diabetes prevention
- Diabetes education
- Nutrition for healthy aging
- Plant-based nutrition
- Community health
- 4-H healthy living teen advocates emerge as community leaders
- Turning a dream into a reality — youth practice entrepreneurship
- Smarter lunchrooms—making the healthy choice the easy choice for Idaho students
- Let’s talk business! Extension reaches Latinas with adult entrepreneurship education
- Teen advocates partner with Extension to assess community health needs
- Extension educators teach older Idahoans to live healthier lives
- Dining with Diabetes class participants increase knowledge
- Extension educators expand diabetes prevention program in southwest Idaho
- Marsing’s Community Conversation utilizes teen and adult input in decision-making
- Intern engagement may be impacted by cohort hire versus independent hire
- Pitch it! UI Extension enhances entrepreneurship workshops with Celebration Event
Jackie Amende is an University of Idaho Extension educator in family and consumer sciences for Canyon County. She graduated with a bachelor's from University of Idaho and then achieved her master's at Saint Louis University. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) focusing on nutrition and health programming in Canyon County. Her work primarily surrounds diabetes prevention and education, as well as community health.