Extension Educator, Community Food Systems
University of Idaho Extension, Teton County
235 S. 5th St. E.
Driggs, ID 83422
Jennifer provides educational programs associated with enhancing local agriculture, community food systems and 4-H Youth Development. Her interests include healthy seasonal cooking, gardening, season extension, food security and permaculture design.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2006
B.A., Colorado State University, 2002
- Community food systems
- Small farms
- Community development
- Hamilton, M.B., J. Werlin, G. Austin. 2019. Season Extension for High-Altitude, Short Growing Seasons. University of Idaho. UI Bulletin 936.
- Mayes, I., A. Agenbroad, L. Golden, S. Graf, J. Jensen, J. Werlin, and M. Young. Sustainable Small Acreage Farming in Idaho: Finding and Evaluating Land, University of Idaho. UI Bulletin 932.
- Farley, Jennifer E. 2006. Bringing Sustainable Food into Youth Outdoor Education. M.S. Thesis, University of Idaho.117 pages.
- Cultivating SuccessTM grows 49 new sustainable small acreage farmers in Idaho
- 4-H changemakers tackle hunger and food security in the Tetons
- Help aspiring “foodpreneurs” turn their ideas into business
- Ripple Effects Mapping: Skill building for Extension educators across the state
- High-Altitude Victory Garden course delivers proven tips for short season gardening
- Mayes, I., A. Agenbroad, C. DePhelps, L. Golden, M. Hamilton, J. Jensen, S. Newman, K. Painter, J. Werlin. National Runner Up, Excellence in Teamwork Award, Cultivating Success Idaho, Idaho Association of Natural Resource and Community Development Extension Professionals, 2019.
- Agenbroad, A., C. DePhelps, L. Golden, M. Hamilton, J. Jensen, I. Mayes, S. Newman, S., K. Painter, R. Ruiz, A. Snyder, E. Stachowski, J. Werlin, C. Williams, and M. Young. National Winner, National Association of County Agriculture Agents, Learning Module for Starting your Sustainable Small Farm, 2018.
- Werlin, J.F. and D. Self. National Winner, National Network for Sustainable Living Education (NNSLE) Green Ribbon Sustainability Award for Poster Building Rural Social Capital, Community Food System Resilience, and Economic Development Opportunities through the Teton Valley Kitchen Incubator, Community Development Society/National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals Conference, Big Sky, Montana, 2017.