Extension Educator, Community Food Systems
University of Idaho Extension, Teton County
235 S. 5th St. E.
Driggs, ID 83422
Jennifer provides educational programs associated with enhancing local agriculture, community food systems and 4-H Youth Development. Her interests include healthy seasonal cooking, gardening, season extension, food security and permaculture design.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2006
B.A., Colorado State University, 2002
- Community food systems
- Small farms
- Community development
- Mayes, I., A. Agenbroad, L. Golden, S. Graf, J. Jensen, J. Werlin and M. Young. Sustainable Small Acreage Farming in Idaho: Finding and Evaluating Land, University of Idaho. CIS Bulletin (In Press).
- Farley, Jennifer E. 2006. Bringing Sustainable Food into Youth Outdoor Education.
- USDA-CSREES Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program Final Report. Award No. 2005-33800-16455, December 16, 2006.
- Agenbroad, A., C. DePhelps, L. Golden, M. Hamilton, J. Jensen, I. Mayes, S. Newman, S., K. Painter, R. Ruiz, A. Snyder, E. Stachowski, J. Werlin, C. Williams and M. Young. National, Regional and State Winners, National Association of County Agriculture Agents, Learning Module for Starting your Sustainable Small Farm, 2018.
- Werlin, J.F. and D. Self. National Winner, National Network for Sustainable Living Education (NNSLE) Green Ribbon Sustainability Award for Poster Building Rural Social Capital, Community Food System Resilience, and Economic Development Opportunities through the Teton Valley Kitchen Incubator, Community Development Society/National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals Conference, Big Sky, Montana, 2017.
- National Garden Clubs, Inc. Scholarship, 2005-2006
- Colorado State University Student Council Scholarship, 2001-2002
- Colorado State University Havighorst/President’s Emergency Fund Scholarship, 2000-2001
- Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship, 1998-1999
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 2000-2002
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2000-2002