Regional 4-H Youth Development Educator
University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene
1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 116
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
As a member of the state 4-H Youth Development team, Jim provides leadership in program development and 4-H volunteer management for the 10 northern Idaho counties. He also provides statewide leadership for the Idaho 4-H horse and rapidly growing shooting sports programs.
M.S., University of Nebraska — Lincoln, 1982
B.S., University of Nebraska — Lincoln, 1980
- Positive youth development
- Equine management
- 4-H shooting sports
- Lundeberg, Roberta, Botham, C., Leach, J., Wilson, J., etc. PNW 4-H Horse Contest Guide. Pacific Northwest publication (PNW 574), summer 2015.
- Hart, D., Lamm, A., Cecil, C., Wilson, J., and Kaysen, B. Expanding 4-H Horizons Livestock Leader Guides. Journal of Youth Development (2009), Volume 4, Number 2, summer 2009.
- Goodwin, Jeff, Gibson, G., Wilson, J., Nash, S., Murphy, T. Improving Youth Livestock Programs Through Innovative Evaluation Techniques. Journal of Extension Systems, volume 17, 2001.
For over 30 years, Jim served as a local 4-H Extension educator — first in Arapahoe County Colorado, then for Kootenai and Shoshone counties in Idaho. In 2015, he was selected as the northern regional 4-H Youth Development educator, providing local program support for the 10 northern Idaho counties and statewide leadership for 4-H horse and shooting sports programs. Jim has been a member of the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents for over 35 years, and served three terms in various capacities on the NAE4-HA Board of Trustees.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Western Regional Educational Technology, 2015
- North Idaho Fair Foundation, Clyde Boatwright Award, 2014
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Meritorious Service Award, 2010