Apply for Aid
When do you plan to attend U of I?
You will submit this FAFSA: 2021-22
You can submit the FAFSA from: October 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022
You will use income and tax information from: 2019
You will submit this FAFSA: 2020-21
You can submit the FAFSA from: October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021
You will use income and tax information from: 2018
Applying for merit-based scholarships and financial aid at the University of Idaho is simple.
- Apply for Admission: Complete your application, and send your transcripts and test scores to the university. You will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships. That’s it! No additional application is required.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to be considered for need-based scholarships and federal financial aid.
- Accept Your financial aid on VandalWeb.
You are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships. No separate applications are required.
Dates to know in the awarding process
- October 1: FAFSA available. Set up VandalWeb and VandalMail accounts.
- December 1: Priority date for submitting application for admission (and scholarships) and supporting documentation for new first year and transfer students applications. FAFSA priority date for all students. Funding for Pell Grants, federal programs loans, and scholarships will continue to be available for applications received after this date.
- By Mid-January: Award notifications begin for new students. Watch your VandalMail for notification and review, decline or accept awards on VandalWeb.
- Mid-March: Award notifications begin for continuing students.