Student Financial Aid Services assists students with completion of financial aid forms using general tax information. Although staff members may provide general information, none are tax professionals. The following links provide information about tax benefits for education as well as other tax-related issues. University of Idaho students will begin receiving W-2s and 1098-T tax forms in the mail at the end of January. These forms will also be accessible in VandalWeb.
- Complete information on IRS Tax Benefits for Education (PDF)
- Basic IRS Tax Information for Students
- IRS Information about College Savings Programs (529 Plans)
- Idaho College Savings Program (IDEAL)
- IRS Information about Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (ESA)
- IRS General Student Page for Higher Education
- IRS Tax Transcript Request Process