International Student Scholarships
The International Programs Office provides awards to U of I students who study abroad as well as International students attending the University.
Take advantage of external resources such as non-University of Idaho specific scholarships. It pays to search and apply. Any extra resource you bring in can help pay for the great education offered at the U of I.
Although you are automatically considered for any university-based scholarships for which you are eligible, we highly recommend that you consider additional sources of funding. Speak with your guidance counselor and check with family employers, credit unions, churches and other community organizations to see if they offer scholarships. Financial aid has a resource center located inside the financial aid office in The Pitman Center. You will find documents relating to other aid options, including a large list of outside scholarships. You may also find some of the following links helpful.
- Fast Web - Free online scholarship search
- College Board Scholarship Search - Free version of the FUND FINDER scholarship database
- SuperCollege - Free database of scholarships and grants
- GoCollege - Guide to free money
- Student Scholarships - Scholarship database
- College Scholarships - Free scholarship search
- Peterson's - Find the right scholarship, grant, or award for you
- Financial Aid for Undergraduate International Students
Scholarship Scam Alert
Scholarship Scam Alert - Not everyone is trying to help. Beware of requests for payment when requesting information about receiving money for education.
U of I offers two annual, renewable scholarships for international students for up to four years of study that are worth 50% tuition at the time of initial matriculation.
Assistantships usually require students to work as teaching assistants, research assistants and assistants to professors within their department or field of study.