Other Fund Sources
Take advantage of external resources such as non-University of Idaho specific scholarships. It pays to search and apply. Any extra resource you bring in can help pay for the great education offered at the UI.
Although you are automatically considered for any university-based scholarships for which you are eligible, we highly recommend that you consider additional sources of funding. Speak with your guidance counselor and check with family employers, credit unions, churches and other community organizations to see if they offer scholarships. You may also find some of the following links helpful.
Find quality, hand-curated scholarships to help pay for school on iGrad. The iGrad online search engine offers a quick sign-up, customizable filters, and regional and national scholarships. The database includes over 2,300 scholarship awards totaling over $10.8 million.
iGrad features other useful scholarship resources, including a 15 minute mini-course “Learn How to Optimize Your Scholarship Search” and an e-book “Scholarship Success” to help you improve your skills and guide you through the application process.
University of Idaho has recently added the iGrad Financial Wellness platform to our library of student resources as part of the Better Education About Money for Students (BEAMS) program. iGrad can help you achieve a better financial life with tools designed to improve your personal finance knowledge and habits.
Idaho State Sources
- GI Bill Benefits
- Scholarship Search
- Funding for Disabled Veterans
- Operation Education
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- University of Idaho Yellow Ribbon Registration
- ROTC Military Scholarships
- Fast Web - Free online scholarship search
- College Board Scholarship Search - Free version of the FUND FINDER scholarship database
- MACH 25 - Free version of the Wintergreen/Orchard House Scholarship Finder database
- SuperCollege - Free database of scholarships and grants
- GoCollege - Guide to free money
- Student Scholarships - Scholarship database
- College Scholarships - Free scholarship search
*Scholarship Scam Alert - Not everyone is trying to help. Beware of requests for payment when requesting information about receiving money for education.