20.02 - Cashiers
- Name: Ron Town
- Position: Controller
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: September 16, 2016
A. General. The Controller’s office maintains cashier windows for supporting cash transactions concerning the University of Idaho. The services include receipting cash, checks and payment card transactions; check cashing; and disbursing certain cash/check payments. [See 20.03, 20.04, and 20.06 for additional information as to receipting and disbursing procedures.] [rev. 9-16]
A-1. UI Check Cashing and Payment Policy. The following policies apply to check cashing and payment activities for all students/faculty/staff: [ren. & rev. 9-16]
- Photo ID required for all checks cashed.
- Absolutely no two party checks cashed.
- UI checks (payroll and other reimbursements) up to a limit of $200
- Personal checks cashed –up to $200 for faculty and staff and $100 for students.
- Make checks payable to Bursar, U of I.
- Local address required on all checks.
- $20 service charge on all returned checks. [See 20.05)
A-2. Check Disbursements. The cashiers disburse payroll, financial aid, and other checks. Picture ID is required for all check disbursements. A payee can provide written authorization for another individual to pick up his or her check. In this case, the individual picking up the check must provide picture ID. [ren. 9-16]
A-3. Credit Cards. The cashiers accept the following credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. The university also accepts Vandal Debit cards and other debit and check cards. [ren. 9-16]
A-4. Petty Cash Reimbursement. The cashiers issue petty cash reimbursements for authorized purchases to a maximum of $100. [See 20.04 for detailed process.] [ren. 9-16]
[See Petty Cash Reimbursement Receipt for form.]