- If you are a full-time employee and you don't enroll by midnight, Pacific, November 3, 2020, you will continue to have the coverage you have today, but at 2021's coverage costs and with the 2021 benefit changes in place. And, you will not contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), even if you contribute to one in 2020.
- If you are a full-time employee and wish to waive coverage, you must submit evidence of your other coverage each year.
- Proof of other coverage must be received by Jan. 31, 2021 or you will be placed into default coverage. Default coverage is the High Deductible Health Plan for employee only.
Less Than Full-Time Employees
- If you are less than full-time, you must re-enroll in order to have coverage in 2021. If you do not re-enroll, you will lose coverage for 2021.
- If you are less than full-time and wish to waive coverage, proof of other coverage is not required. By default, you will be placed into waived coverage if you do not make a benefit election.
HSA, FSA and DCSA Elections
- Annual election is required every year for you to participate in a HSA, FSA or the Dependent Care Savings Account (DCSA).
- Prior elections DO NOT roll over, you must re-elect to contribute.
- Make your HSA, FSA or DCSA elections through the annual enrollment event in the myBenefits portal.
- The amount you elect to contribute in the myBenefits portal is the annual amount not the per pay amount. The system will automatically adjust to reflect your per pay amount.
- If you are adding a dependent who is not currently covered on the plan, you will be required to provide proof of relationship to verify eligibility for coverage.
- Acceptable forms of documentation include, marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption papers, tax records, etc. See the full list of acceptable documentation (PDF).
- If you are electing life insurance at amounts which triggers you to submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI), please complete the form on-line or print and mail directly to The Standard for processing.
- Access the tip sheet for uploading required documentation.