Health and Wellness Benefits
MyPlate March Challenge
March is National Nutrition Month! Think of it as a little bit of spring cleaning for your mind and body. Join the MyPlate March challenge through Blue Cross of Idaho and see what a difference a healthy variety in your diet can make.
Track two servings of fruits and vegetables every weekday for four weeks to be entered for a chance to win a prize. Make one healthy choice. Then make another.
Sign Up: February 25 - March 3, 2020
Challenge Dates: March 3 - 31, 2020
Go to members.bcidaho.com to sign up and get more details.
Select the WellConnected logo to access the wellness challenge.
Your Wellness Benefits
Stretch your mind and body with Recreation and Wellbeing Wellness Program. The Wellness Program offers a variety of ways to get fit and have fun including; group fitness classes, personal training sessions and fitness assessment. All Wellness Instructors and personal trainers are certified and ready to make you sweat.
Visit Recreation and Wellbeing for class offerings and schedules, Wellness pass options or to find a personal trainer.
The University Idaho Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support and resources to help you better manage a broad range of life events and challenges including:
- Family and relationship concerns
- Drug and alcohol concerns
- Grief and loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Work related issues
- Financial and legal questions
Your Benefits Include:
- Counseling Services
- 8 in-person counseling sessions at no-cost to you
- 24/7 telephonic support by Masters level counselors for crises or emergencies
- Work Life Consultation Services
- Financial Services - up to 30-minutes financial consultation per issue with a certified financial professional
- Legal Services - up to 30-minutes consultation per issue with an attorney at no-cost and 25% discount of fees if you decide to retain an attorney
- Family Care Giving - resources and referrals for child care and elder care related services
- Convenience Services - assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling.
For more information, please see the Summary of EAP Services.
Contact the EAP:
- Phone: 800-999-1077 (24/7)
- EAPHelplink.com (code: UI1)
The University of Idaho is a tobacco-free campus and joins more than 1,400 other campuses across the U.S. that are smoke-free. Of those, more than 1,100 are tobacco-free. We are proud to join our peers with this distinction.
Employees enrolled in a university health plan are eligible for free nicotine replacement therapy. Products are covered through the prescription drug plans. Simply obtain a prescription from your healthcare provider and have it filled at any in-network pharmacy. Please provide your CVS Caremark member ID card to your in-network pharmacy.
Tobacco cessation assistance is also available through the Employee Assistance Program by calling 800-999-1077 or online at EAPHelplink.com and use code UI1.
Check out the tobacco cessation brochure which outlines even more resources available to help you quit tobacco.