Careers at U of I
Why U of I?
Are you brave and bold? Come be a part of the Vandal family!
The University of Idaho is committed to promoting access and inclusion, which is supported by the Office of Equity and Diversity. A variety of programs, services and policies promote our diversity initiatives and contribute to a respectful, responsive environment that supports the entire university population.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes core benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, as well as retirement and other exciting supplemental benefits that enhance the employment experience and life at U of I.
- Employee Assistance Plan: Benefit Services offers a robust employee assistance program that is free and confidential. It provides eligible employees and their families with the opportunity to discuss personal problems with a professional counselor, receive unlimited telephone and Internet access to resource and referral information and obtain other self-help information.
- Time Away from Work: The university offers a generous paid time off package for benefit-eligible employees, as well as 12 paid holidays a year.
- Lactation Rooms: Designated locations across campus offer private rooms and resources for mothers to breastfeed or pump.
- Campus Recreation: Student Recreation Center memberships are available to board-appointed U of I faculty, staff and their spouses. Must use payroll deduction for memberships.
- SRC Only: $12.50 per pay period.
- Combo (SRC and Climbing Center): $15 per pay period.
- Single Visit: $8.
- Eligible employees can purchase wellness passes for the Student Recreation Center using payroll deduct.
- Events: Check out what university events are being offered, including seminars, classes, arts/entertainment, and social gatherings.
- Educational Resources: Benefit-eligible employees and their families can enroll in University of Idaho courses at discounted rates using the education benefit.
- U of I Children's Center: University employees have access to a year-round, child-centered child care center, conveniently located on campus. Fees vary depending on age and schedule.
About the area
Located in the beautiful rolling hills of the Palouse, Moscow is a great place to live, work and play! In addition to housing our residential campus, this safe, close-knit community offers amazing restaurants, arts and entertainment, shopping, recreational activities, and breathtaking natural beauty.
In fact, Livability.com just voted Moscow, Idaho as the number one place to raise a family in the United States.
The University of Idaho also provides state-wide impact through other campus locations including:
If you have any questions about pursuing a career at U of I, contact email@example.com or 208-885-3611.