How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Idaho! The following information should assist with navigating the application process.
- Creating an account
To submit an application, you will be required to create an applicant account with our third party recruiting vendor, PeopleAdmin. The “create account” link is located on the left-hand navigation of the UI job portal. It is also accessible if you click on the “apply to this job” link within a posting. Once you create an applicant account, your information will be saved and can be used for future applications.
- Returning users
To access your account, you can click “log in” on the left hand navigation list on the job portal and enter your username and password. Once logged in, you can:
- Modify account settings
- Apply for jobs
- Review status of applications
- Email postings to a friend
- Applying for jobs
You found the perfect job, it’s time to apply! Once you log in to your account and start the application, the system will lead you through applying as long as the position is still recruiting.
Things to keep in mind when applying:
- Review the application requirements thoroughly, including any special instructions to applicants. Your application could be screened out if you don't follow instructions.
- Complete all required fields, marked with an asterisk. The system will prevent you from submitting your application if all required fields are not filled out.
- Applications do request demographic information. It is not required and not accessible by search committees.
- The application is submitted…now what?
You can log back into your applicant account to check on the status of your applications, under the Completed Applications section. Please keep in mind that searches can operate on extended timelines.
If you wish to make changes to an application, please send a note to email@example.com to request that your application be reactivated.
- If you the posting you applied to has closed, no changes can be made to your application.
- If the posting is still accepting applications, changes can be made to your application. However, if the posting is open until filled, and the first consideration date has passed, you will need to resubmit your application if you make changes and you will longer meet the first consideration date.
The hiring department will reach out to you directly should they wish to over you an interview.
For further information on applying for jobs at the University of Idaho, please contact Human Resources.