Banner & EPAF Resources
Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF)
The University of Idaho uses the Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) to create employee records and to update these records when changes occur. This information is used to generate an employee's time sheet and to ensure that the employee is paid timely and accurately. Log into VandalWeb.
For more information
Please provide any comments or suggestions to Myung Chun or Dan Noble at email@example.com.
- EPAF Manual: Includes information on terms to know and definitions, instructions for creating a benefit-eligible and temporary help employee EPAF, originator proxy instructions and required PeopleAdmin search information.
- EPAF Supplemental Material: Includes information on approval categories, suffix and position control number links, account codes and descriptions, and PCNs for the following appointments: PERSI (T1), T4 non-student, student (ST), work study, unit pay and other. It also includes the employee class descriptions and job change reason codes.
- Payroll Calendars: A variety of academic and fiscal year calendars, located on the Payroll website.
- EPAF Proxy: How to setup a proxy for EPAF originators.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Eligibility: Decision tree to determine eligibility for Affordable Care Act.
The following files are additional EPAF Training Resources available to you:
- EPAF Flowchart: This flowchart shows the overall EPAF Process - from Employment Authorization (I-9 and other paperwork) to the various EPAF Processes. It includes everyone involved - the new employee, Human resources, Department / College and Payroll / Benefits)
- EPAF Decision Tree: This is a decision tree to help you select that first EPAF approval category. It also has information on appointment definitions, EPAF dates, and how to find PeopleAdmin Numbers for EPAF comments, and Affordable Care Act eligibility.
- EPAF Training Supplemental Workbook: Here you will find the EPAF Supplemental Material in an excel workbook for easy navigation.
- EPAF Reference Guide: This document is a reference sheet containing reminders and other information about EPAFs. It contains links so you can find information on many different topics. This document will be updated from time to time to include new topics and other reminders as necessary.
- Supervisor Set-up Instructions: This includes instructions on how to set up supervisors in VandalWeb (for temporary employees) and how to request supervisors to be setup for faculty, exempt and salaried positions.
- Approval Queue Form: Requests for a Banner user to be set up as certain approver level: Dean/Director, Department Head/Chair, Principal Investigator.
- EPAF Summer Session 2017 Information: Summer Session information in a hyperlinked spreadsheet with similar functionality to the Decision Tree, including information on how to find the Summer Session EPAF approval category you will need.
- EPAF Summer Session 2017 Calculation Template: A template spreadsheet to help determine max salary calculation for an individual faculty member, and how to determine the pay – either Option A (lump sum per session) or Option B (open ended). It can also help create EPAF comments for summer session as needed.
- HR Policy and Process Reminders: Information on:
- I-9 compliance and reminders,
- effective dates and I-9 date for EPAFs, and
- background check, EPAF dates and offer letters.
- Affiliate Members - Data & System Set-up Form: This is a PDF from that you can fill out for any Affiliate Members that you have, including A1-Nonpaid instructional staff, A2- Nonpaid non-instructional Staff, or A3-Nonpaid associated faculty-1565. Information on selecting the correct EPAF Approval Category can be found in the EPAF Decision Tree of the EPAF Training Supplemental Workbook.
- International Employee Process: This PDF Form shows you the overall process for international Employees. It also includes the different types of International Employees and how to hire them.
- International Employee Reminders: Information on
- International employee Social Security Number (SSN Application) with instructions and map to the Social Security Administration Office in Lewiston, ID
- International authorization expiration process
- NWRDERP - Departmental Employees Report: This report includes all payroll information on employees within a department and/or mid-level.
- NWREMPT - Employee Termination Report: This report will provide a list of all employees that have termination date, including student and temporary employees, as well as benefit-eligible employees on an .01 suffix. It is run by department or mid-level.
- NWRVACT - Vacant Position Report (and Banner Form NBIPINC - PCN Vacancies) : How to determine if a PCN is vacant and how to run the NWRVACT report to find vacant positions within a department, mid-level or specific budget.
- NWRDPOS – Departmental Positions Report: This report is to find the comprehensive list of all Positions (PCNs) for a Department or Mid-Level. It includes Active, Vacant and Cancelled Positions
- PWROREM – Lists employees per ORGN/FY: This Banner report will show employees paid on a specific ORGN within the indicated Fiscal Year. It is meant to be a simple form reflecting NBAJOBs information (not NBAPBUD). Previous Report PWRGREM is going away. This report replaces it.