Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I obtain a Vandal Card?
Vandal Cards are issued in the Vandal Card Office located in the SUB. Valid government issued picture identification is required. A passport is the only valid form of foreign government ID accepted. The list of valid identification is posted in the Vandal Card Office.
Students: Have to be registered for a least 1 credit for the semester that a card is requested.
Faculty/Staff/Affiliate: Employee status determines the requirements. Please contact the Vandal Card Office for the specific requirements for your situation.
Where can the Vandal Card be used?
The Vandal Card has many uses on campus. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to the University of Idaho Library
- Access to recreational facilities
- Access to athletic events ( for students with 8 or more credits)
- Access to ASUI productions
- Access to University Health Services
- Access to authorized buildings, offices, residence halls, and campus meal plans.
- Required identification for taking some tests.
- Access to on-campus student discounts.
- Access to merchant sponsored student discounts where available.
Faculty and Staff
- Access to the University of Idaho Library.
- Access to recreational facilities. Facilities include Memorial Gym, Kibbie Activity Center, and Swim Center. Fee for using Student Recreation Center (SRC).
- Access to authorized buildings, labs, offices, and meal plans.
- Access to Educator’s discounts for products and travel.
Other Cards and ID Badges Issued
Many departments require a separate ID badge for working on campus. An e-mail or memo from the individual’s Supervisor is required for issuing these.
Alumni Cards: Qualified Alumni can purchase an ID card for use at the SRC for $10.00.
Staff/Student Spouse Cards: Spouse cards can be purchased for $10.00. They expire the same time the affiliate's card expires. Individuals have to bring in addition to a valid ID, one of the following:
- Marriage License or certificate (English Version)
- Front page of last year’s 1040 Federal Tax form showing both names on it.
- Valid Military Dependents ID card.
For other cards available, please contact the Vandal Card Office.