Food for Fines
We are excited to announce that for the first time in the history of parking at UI, a citation of $30 or less received Nov. 15 through Dec. 15, 2017 may be paid off entirely with non-perishable food items! Bonus: Up to three citations $30 or less received in the last 12 months (prior to Nov. 15, 2017) may also be paid with food items.
How does this work?
- Offer limited to one unpaid citation, $30 or less, received from Nov. 15 through Dec. 15 and/or three unpaid citations $30 or less received in the last 12 months prior to Nov. 15
- Each full-size, non-expired, non-perishable food item is worth $5 toward the fee
- Ex: A $30 Permit Violation could be paid with six cans of condensed soup (no single-serving items like cup-of-noodles or ramen)
- Ex: A $25 Meter Violation could be paid with five jars of peanut butter
- Citation must be paid in full at time of donation (either entirely by food items or combined with standard payment)
- Donations must be brought to Parking and Transportation Services at the corner of Sweet and Railroad
- We will deliver donations to the University of Idaho Food Pantry and local food banks
No one enjoys receiving a parking citation but now we have a new opportunity to help our fellow Vandals and our Moscow community put food on the table this holiday season!