Reciprocal Parking Agreements
The University of Idaho and Washington State University (Pullman) have developed a cooperative parking arrangement for the purpose of enhancing the accessibility to either campus for faculty, staff, and students participating in cooperative programs and cross listed courses. Selected parking permits from each university have been deemed valid in specific parking areas. Washington State University satellite campus parking permits are NOT valid on U of I campus. U of I permit holders should consult Washington State University Parking Services with any questions about parking on the Pullman campus at 509-335-7275.
NEW: WSU launches “virtual permits” and license plate recognition (LPR) enforcement Fall of 2019
- How does this work for U of I parking permits with reciprocal privileges at WSU?
- WSU will continue to honor U of I permits as they have in the past (see below for specific permits)
- No registration required
- When the license plate isn’t recognized, enforcement personnel will check for an appropriate U of I parking permit in the lower, driver side windshield
- What about when WSU students, staff and faculty with “virtual permits” visit U of I?
- WSU will issue a semester long paper permit to WSU annual permit holders who need to park at U of I; permit must be displayed in lower driver’s side windshield
- Both U of I and WSU parking and transportation personnel will closely monitor this process and would like to hear your feedback!
University of Idaho permit holders at Washington State University
- U of I Gold, Lot Specific Gold, and Reserved annual permits are valid in WSU Yellow, Red, and Blue zones.
- U of I Orange annual permit is valid in WSU Red and Blue zones.
- U of I Red, Green, Silver, Purple, and Blue annual permits are valid in WSU Blue zones.
- U of I-issued annual or temporary Disability parking permits with a valid state-issued disability placard or disability license plate are valid in WSU Disability spaces and parking permit zones.
- There is no reciprocity at WSU for U of I parking permits in WSU parking permit zones which are not specifically listed above in items 1-4, this includes the WSU Student Recreation Center and Tennis Courts parking lots.
- U of I parking permits are not valid in lieu of payment in WSU pay lots including the WSU Student Recreation Center parking lot or the Tennis Courts parking lot.
- WSU faculty, staff, and students assigned to, enrolled at, or who pay fees to Washington State University or employees of other activities or agencies located on the Pullman campus must display a WSU parking permit when parking at WSU. Any attempt by the above personnel to use a U of I parking permit in lieu of a WSU permit may result in a fine for illegal use of a parking permit.
Washington State University permit holders at University of Idaho
- WSU Orange and Green annual permits are valid in U of I Gold, Orange, Red, and Blue permit areas.
- WSU Yellow, Red, Crimson, and Gray annual permits are valid in U of I Red and Blue permit areas. WSU Crimson and Gray permits are residential priority permits.
- WSU Blue annual permits are valid only in U of I Blue permit areas.
- WSU-issued zone permit displayed with a valid state-issued disability placard or disability license plate are valid in U of I Disability parking spaces and parking permit areas.
- There is no reciprocity at U of I for WSU parking permits in U of I parking permit areas which are not specifically listed above in items 1-4, this includes the U of I Student Recreation Center parking lot.
- U of I faculty, staff, and students assigned to, enrolled at, or who pay fees to the University of Idaho or employees of other activities or agencies located on the Moscow campus must display a U of I parking permit when parking at U of I. Any attempt by the above personnel to use a WSU parking permit in lieu of a U of I permit may result in a fine for illegal use of a parking permit.
Zipcar parking at Washington State University and University of Idaho
- Zipcars rented from the WSU campus are allowed to park in any colored lot on the U of I campus (Gold, Orange, Red, Blue, Purple, Silver, or Green lots).
- Zipcars rented from the U of I campus are allowed to park in WSU Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Crimson, and Gray zones.