Parking Enforcement Schedule
General violations are enforced at all times, 365 days per year.
Daytime violations are enforced Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, some individual spaces have specific enforcement times. Please look for signage at individual lots and spaces and read carefully.
Exceptions to the daytime regulations occur during academic breaks and university holidays (academic breaks include: fall, winter, spring and summer break – see the university calendar for specific dates).
Enforcement during academic breaks and university holidays is as follows:
- Permits are not required in regular spaces in all Blue, Red, Orange, Silver, or Purple lots during summer and academic breaks
- Overnight parking is allowed inside a Purple or Silver lot only; no parking on streets
- Gold lots require permits year round
- Green lots require permits year round
- Meter and pay station payment is required year round EXCEPT for Student Recreation Parking Lots 107 (east side) and 108 (west side) which do not require payment during summer and academic breaks.
- All specially marked spaces; disability, reserved, service, delivery, timed, walkway spaces, no parking areas, fire lanes are enforced year round and require valid permits
- Disability spaces are enforced at all times as follows:
- Both a U of I Disability permit and a valid State-issued Disability permit or Disability license plate are required to be displayed in all campus ADA marked spaces except on weekdays after 5 p.m., weekends, academic breaks, and on university holidays. During these times, ONLY a valid State-issued Disability permit or Disability license plate is required to be displayed in ADA marked spaces.
- In all hourly paid parking areas and posted timed spaces, at all times that payment is required or time limit is enforced, ONLY a State-issued Disability permit or Disability license plate is required to be displayed, and no time restriction applies. However, it is a violation of these regulations for a current University employee or student to park in a campus meter or timed space with only a State-issued Disability permit or Disability license plate in order to avoid the purchase of a university parking permit. See also APM 40.32.A.2.
- Both a U of I Disability permit and a valid State-issued Disability permit or Disability license plate are required to be displayed in regular spaces in color parking lots when permits are required.