What we do
EHS offers First Aid and CPR/AED training as part of providing a safe working, learning and living environment for the university community. We can deliver live training to groups of five or more people, and online training through the American Heart Association (AHA), after which EHS can provide the required hands-on skill testing, is an alternative for employees who cannot attend a scheduled class.
EHS also manages the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) program as an integral part of the University of Idaho’s commitment to the safety and health of employees, students and visitors. Use of an AED is proven to significantly increase a person’s chances of surviving a cardiac event, and this program makes AED units available around campus. Please contact us for information about adding an AED to your work location.
How You Can Help
As an employee, get certified in First Aid and CPR/AED, and maintain your certification. Re-certification is recommended every two years to retain the information you have learned and receive any updates in techniques that may help you save a life. As a supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring an adequate number of employees are trained in these techniques in order to provide aid until professional medical attention is available.
If you are interested in becoming certified in First Aid and CPR/AED or need a refresher, please contact EHS to learn more.
Locations of University AEDs
- Administration Building: SW Entrance, 1st floor corridor
- Bruce Pitman Center: Across from the information desk by the warrior statue
- College of Education: First floor across from restrooms
- Idaho Commons: Across from the Information Desk
- EHS Office: Located on top shelf in copier room
- Facilities: Main corridor near restrooms; cabinet is inset into the wall
- Golf Course: In the pro shop, behind the counter
- Hays: 3 units; alarmed case on 3rd floor outside Admin area, 1 inside Admin area, 1 in mobile unit (rotating)
- IRIC: 3 units; 1 on each floor, west end of north corridors
- Memorial Gym: Outside NE door of Gym on Main Floor
- Steam Plant: Outside main office south of monitoring station
- Student Rec Center: On the wall to the left immediately after passing the turnstiles
- Swim Center: In the Life Guard office in the marked cabinet
- Boise: Common areas on 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Kimberly R and E: Main office, first building on the left.
Related Training in NetLearning@uidaho
- First Aid/CPR/AED Classroom Course - EHS (UIC_73)
- First Aid/CPR/AED Skills Test (UIC-34)
For more information
Occupational Safety Technician II
Occupational Safety Specialist