Radiation Safety Committee
The Radiation Safety Committee has the authority and responsibility to regulate all uses of radioactive materials for the University of Idaho, consistent with the rules and regulations of the NRC. This authority includes, but not limited, to the following:
- authority to approve or disapprove of any proposed use of radioactive material.
- authority to stop and prevent any existing use of radioactive material.
- authority to approve, disapprove or prevent possession, storage or use of radioactive material.
The Radiation Safety Committee is also responsible for all matters pertaining to the formulation, administration, and operation of a comprehensive radiation safety program.
Related Training in NetLearning@uidaho
- Radiation Safety Orientation (ID10)
- Radiation Safety Course - 5 hour (UIC_64)
- Radiation Safety X-Ray Seminar (UIC_51)
- Radioactive Materials Transportation (UIC_52)
For more information
Samir Shahat, Ph.D.
Director; Acting Radiation Safety Officer