Construction Routes, Updated Parking in Effect for Home Football Opener
September 04, 2019
Idaho Football is set to open the 2019 home schedule Saturday, Sept. 7, against Central Washington. A number of new initiatives will be implemented this year as Vandal Athletics continues to enhance the game day atmosphere and better align the department's priorities with its revenues and expenditures. Among the most recognizable changes upon arrival for the home opener will be a restructuring of game day parking.
Adjustments to game day parking:
- To accommodate the growing interest in RV parking, and the loss of RV parking as construction continues on Idaho Central Credit Union Arena, additional powered and non-powered RV spaces were added to the West ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center parking lot, near the Vandal Tailgate.
- Stadium Drive south of Sixth Street will be restricted to Vandal Scholarship Fund (VSF), UC, RV and disability permit holders. Parking attendants, stationed at the checkpoint near Hartung Theatre, will collect the stub on each parking pass and grant vehicles access to the corresponding lot. All vehicles must have an applicable parking pass to enter these lots.
- The lot to the west of the Menard Law Building is now a VSF 3 Lot, which is accessible to all VSF permit holders. All VSF permit holders may "park down" to lower level lots: VSF 1 permits are honored in VSF 1, VSF 2 and VSF 3 lots; VSF 2 permits are honored in VSF 2 and VSF 3 lots.
- The lot to the north of the Menard Law Building will now be a paid lot available to those who do not qualify for VSF parking permits. Passes for the general lot can be purchased upon entrance for $10 per space, or ahead of time through the Idaho Athletics Ticket Office and printed at home. The only entrance to this lot will be from Rayburn Street, just south of Sixth Street.
- All other color lots on campus, as well as select streets, are available for parking on game day as space allows with no payment required.
Parking lots will continue to open four hours prior to game time. Fans are reminded to be courteous of fellow Vandals and keep all tailgating activities within designated parking spaces and to not block drive lanes with chairs or other objects.
The Vandal Tailgate will continue to open three hours prior to kickoff in the West Kibbie Dome parking lot, just beyond the RV parking. The offerings will include local food vendors, music, performances by the spirit squad and Vandal Marching Band, games for kids and more. Fans are welcome to bring their own beverages, as long as they are held in an opaque container that is not labeled or branded by an alcohol manufacturer or distributor and remains in one of four designated university parking lots on the west end, including the lot where the Vandal Tailgate is located.
This season will also witness a major intersection closure continuing through November 2019, which will impact flow of pre- and post-game traffic. The intersection of Sixth and Line Streets is closed to through traffic in all directions. Refer to the construction route map and visit uidaho.edu/parking to view updated travel information.
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 12,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu