IPEC oversees the process of program prioritization, which the State Board of Education has required of all Idaho public universities as part of their annual budgeting process.
IPEC set out to develop a sustainable model of program prioritization that would enable UI to meet State Board requirements while also helping to achieve the university goals that were framed within the Strategic Plan and determined by the University Budget and Finance Committee.
The 2016-17 program prioritization process enabled us to support two major university goals: namely, raises for faculty and staff as part of the university’s efforts to bring salaries more in line with market rates; and equitable funding packages for graduate teaching assistants.
The criteria and procedure for ranking programs were developed by two separate work groups consisting of faculty and staff, and the prioritization process was completed during summer 2017.
Though IPEC had initially planned for program prioritization to operate by means of “position control” (only refilling certain high-priority faculty and staff lines), in the end, we determined that this process would be detrimental to the well-being of the university, and instead requested budget reallocations from academic and support units.
We are currently beginning to plan the next program prioritization, which will coincide with the first Strategic Plan waypoint in 2019.
Update on Program Prioritization (Waypoint 1) FY 20
- Committee Charge Memo
- Historical Reminder
- PowerPoint Presentation to Faculty Senate
- 2019-20 Program Prioritization Sub-Committee Roster
- Oct. 5, 2017- Reallocation Targets for Each College and Mid-Level in Academic & Student Affairs
- Oct. 2, 2017- Update on Academic and Student Affairs Budget Reallocations
- Sept. 21, 2017 - Input Requested for Student and Academic Affairs Budget Reallocations
- Sept. 20, 2017 - Thank You for Participating in Program Prioritization Process
- Sept. 7, 2017 - Results of the Program Prioritization Process
- Sept. 6, 2017 - Program Prioritization Town Hall Sessions Sept. 11
- Aug. 22, 2017 - Program Prioritization Update
- May 25, 2017 - Update on Program Prioritization Evaluation Progress
- April 10, 2017 - Revised Program Prioritization Framework
- March 27, 2017 - Revisions to Program Prioritization Evaluation Process and Criteria
- March 8, 2017 - Position Control Guidelines for Program Prioritization
- Feb. 14, 2017 - Feedback on Draft Program Prioritization Evaluation Criteria
- Oct. 26, 2016 - Staff Volunteers Needed to Serve on Program Prioritization Subcommittee
- Oct. 10, 2016 - Appointments to the Institutional Planning and Effectiveness Committee
- Oct. 29, 2015 - Update on Program Prioritization