Information for Students
- Login to the Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) system
Go to the University of Idaho Banner Web Interface.
This is the same location where U of I students register for class and update personal information.
Or, go directly to the Student Portion of the online Student Evaluation of Teaching system.
- Enter your User ID
This can be your Novell/Student Lab Username, U of I Student ID Number, Vandal Number or Social Security Number.
- Enter your PIN
If you log in with your Novell/Student Lab Username, use your password as the PIN.
Your PIN is initially set to your birthday followed by 2 zeros 'MMDD00'. The 2 zeros are not your birth year. The first time you logon, you are required to change this PIN.
If you do not know your PIN or tried logging in unsuccessfully more than 3 times, visit the ITS helpdesk located in the Idaho Student Union Building, TLC 128, and request to have your PIN reset. Or, refer to the phone numbers below based on your affiliation with the University of Idaho:
- Moscow area: 208-885-6731
- Boise area: 208-334-2999
- Coeur d'Alene area: 208-667-2588
- Idaho Falls area: 208-282-7816
Student Incentives - Your Responses Matter!
- Your evaluations are a vital part of the process of maintaining and improving the quality of your educational experience at the University of Idaho.
- Your evaluations are used by instructors at the University of Idaho to guide their changes and improvements to courses.
- Student evaluations are used in the evaluation process of University of Idaho faculty. Your input to this process is critical.
Student identity is confidential in the online Student Evaluation of Teaching system. When a student submits a course evaluation, his/her identity is separated from the evaluation he/she submits. A flag is entered into one file which contains the student's identity. This tells the online SET system whether a student has completed the evaluation for a particular course. The content of the evaluation is entered into a separate table that does not include the student's identity. These two tables cannot be linked.
Automatic Emails to Students
- Initial Email
You will receive an email when a course opens for evaluation. The email will include instructions regarding each course for you to evaluate, how to evaluate, and when the evaluation window closes.
- Reminder Emails
For each course, you will receive a reminder each Wednesday following the initial email until you have evaluated the course, or the evaluation period has ended.