All undergraduate students are required to meet with their academic advisor before being allowed to register for classes. After the meeting, the advisor must remove the hold from the student's record in order to clear him or her for registration.
How to Remove an Advisor or Probation Hold
- Login to VandalWeb using NetID and password
- Select Faculty & Advisors tab
- Select Student Information
- Select Advisor/Probation Hold Removal option
- Select semester from drop-down list and click Submit button
- Enter Student or Advisee ID or search by name (search results require the student to be your advisee or enrolled in at least one class you are teaching)
- Confirm selection and click Submit button
- Click Submit/Remove Advisor Hold button
Advisors may remove the advisor hold from any student by entering the student's ID number to locate the record; the student does not have to be assigned to you to perform this.
Advisee records are automatically updated through the Change of Major process in VandalWeb. Any additional changes must be done directly in Banner by administrative staff in the department or college.