What is Schedule Planner?
Schedule planner is a tool that presents students with all possible schedule options that are available for registration. With this tool, students can easily generate a class schedule that fits individual needs without having to use pen and paper or spreadsheets.
Login to VandalWeb, then select Students > Registration > Schedule Planner to be redirected.
- Select the term to build a schedule for and click Save And Continue.
- All campuses are selected by default. To search for a specific campus, uncheck those not wanted before clicking Save And Continue.
- Click +Add Course to search classes by subject and number (first tab) or by attribute (second tab). After finding each class to add to schedule click +Add Course and then < Done.
- To block out times not wanting classes scheduled in, click +Add Break and select the times and days then click ✔ Add Break and < Back to return to planner page.
- Click Generate Schedules to view all possible schedules based on the selections.
- Click View to see the details of each schedule or mouse over the magnifying glass 🔍 icon for a quick view.
- Select multiple schedules and then click Compare to view selected schedules at the same time.
- With the selected schedule open, click Send to Shopping Cart to save a schedule for registration.
- Click Register to complete the registration process.
! IMPORTANT: if a schedule is saved to the shopping cart before the registration date, re-check the availability of classes before clicking Register as some classes may have filled up.
Tips and Tricks
Special Topics, ISEM, PEB, Seminars, Workshops
Subtitled classes with the same numbers such as special topics, ISEM, PEB, etc., will return all sections of the class. Use the Options button next to the class to select a specific section/title.
Emailing a Schedule
Be sure to include your name or ID number in the message as they will not automatically be included in the email.
Schedule planner will display prerequisites when selecting classes to add or by clicking the Information ⓘ icon next to the class. Prerequisites will not be checked until registration is attempted.
The Lock 🔒 icon allows for "locking" a specific class to generate schedules around that class.
Individual schedules can be selected as a favorite to revisit without having to restart, by selecting the Favorite ❤ icon when viewing the schedule. Note: If a specific class is full in a favorite schedule, it will not be removed but displays as 0 seats available.
Online classes will not display in the time blocks as there are no specific meeting times, but will display on the weekly schedule.