Industrial Affiliates Programs
Industrial Affiliates programs are membership-based consortia that allow corporations and other private sector entities to affiliate with a research group or program at the University of Idaho. The purpose of these programs is to ensure a robust flow of information and ideas between the University of Idaho and industry participants to ensure that U of I researchers are focused on important real-world issues and that U of I research has immediate application and impact.
U of I Industrial Affiliates programs provide:
- A formal relationship between industry and U of I faculty, students, and researchers
- Access to ongoing research
- Access to U of I faculty, students, and researchers
- A forum for interaction with U of I researchers and other industry participants
- Formal research reviews to be held at least annually
- A convening authority for important meetings and dialogs
- A mechanism to influence the directions of U of I’s research
- Support for specific programs and research areas at U of I
Industrial Affiliates programs do not:
- Substitute for contract research (contract research is a separate option for targeted research projects that require contract terms)
- Convey intellectual property to members (IP licenses or transfers can be negotiated separately whether or not interested parties are members of Industrial Affiliates programs)
- Charge university overhead (all funds, less a 5% processing fee, are applied to activities of the Industrial Affiliates program)
View Industrial Affiliates Program Guidelines and Procedures.