Public Access at Rinker Rock Creek Ranch
Rinker Rock Creek Ranch (RRCR) is free and open to the public for a variety of recreation opportunities.
Motorized uses and parking — Motorized uses (ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, snowmobiles) are allowed on Rock Creek Road, Glendale Road, Hatty Gulch Road and East Fork Rock Creek Road. For hiking, hunting, biking and other activities, park in pull-outs along the main roads. Do not park on dry grass or in meadows. Do not drive on non-motorized roads.
Hours — Sunrise to sunset year-round. (Roads are closed in winter and early spring.)
Several areas of the property are used for ranch and research operations and as such are closed to the public. Visitors are required to respect all No Trespassing signs.
Public Use Guidelines
We welcome the public to enjoy RRCR and all it has to offer. In order to provide public access, we require that visitors follow our public use guidelines:
- Hiking and horseback riding: allowed throughout the property.
- Mountain biking: please use established routes.
- Hunting: permitted in season on foot or horseback throughout the property. Truck and ATV access is permitted on motorized-use roads only. Firearms allowed for hunting only. No target or recreational shooting.
- Not Allowed: Trapping of any kind, hunting out of season, sage-grouse hunting, camping or campfires.
- Please keep in mind there are ongoing research projects and ranching operations throughout the property. Please close gates behind you. Report wildfires immediately.
Be aware that this property does not have potable water or bathrooms; cell phone service is limited. Please note, access to some areas may be temporarily suspended while research is ongoing or for habitat improvement.
To enjoy learning about Idaho’s rangelands, consider the following:
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long pants (there are ticks and snakes)
- Layer with jackets and hats year-round
- Bring water, sunscreen and lip balm
- Stay on trails — Pack In, Pack Out
- Use your camera; “Click-Don’t Pick” flowers
- Park in pullouts; do not drive over dry grass
Warning: Under Idaho law, there are risks associated with agritourism, which could lead to injury or death. You are assuming these risks. Section 6-3004, Idaho Code.
For further information contact the Rinker Rock Creek Ranch Operations Manager at 208-721-4134.
- Horseback riding
- Mountain biking on trails and roads
- Wildlife viewing
- Cross-country skiing
Directions to the Historic Barn
- From Hailey: From the traffic light in town center, go west on Bullion Street. This becomes Croy Creek Road. Follow this 4.5 miles to Rock Creek Road on the left (keep your eye out for a large metal sculpture of a male elk — turn left there). Follow Rock Creek Road 6.5 miles to the barn. Park in pullouts along Rock Creek Road.
- From Hwy 75 and Hwy 20 Junction: Go west on US-20 for just over 5 miles to Rock Creek Road on the right (a dirt road between mile marker 172 and 173). Follow Rock Creek Road 4.5 miles to the barn. Park in pullouts along Rock Creek Road.
- From Boise: Head east on 1-84 to Mountain Home. Take Exit 95 onto US20 N, then turn left after Magic Reservoir on Rock Creek Road (a dirt road between mile marker 172 and 173). Follow Rock Creek Road 4.5 miles to the Barn. Park in pullouts along Rock Creek Road.