IACUC Training Requirements
There are two requirements to complete before working with animals at the University of Idaho — An online training and the Animal Workers Medical Surveillance Program (AWMSP) form. Complete both requirements listed on the AWMSP Page. Contact the IACUC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-6162 if you have any questions, or if you have already completed these requirements at U of I or another institution.
ATTENTION: New U of I employees and students - All human resources paperwork must be completed prior to working on required compliance trainings.
- Enter the required fields: First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Verify email address. Press Continue to To Step 3
Note: Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your completion report, received at the end of the course.
- Choose a Username and Password for your account. Passwords are case sensitive.
- This step collects demographic information. All information provided is voluntary. Use the blue information question marks for more information on specific categories.
- Professionals seeking credit for CITI Program courses can make their selection for Continuing Education (CE) credits during step 5. Please note that CE credit is not required for completion of courses for U of I purposes.
- Step 6 is institution-specific. The institutional email address is your U of I email address. Please specify if you are an undergraduate, graduate or postdoctoral student under the Job Title field. Complete the rest of the fields as applicable. Select Laboratory Animal Welfare.
- The questions in Step 7 enroll you in CITI Program courses. The U of I currently offers CITI courses for a variety of research-related topics. Leave the checkboxes blank for questions 1-5 in this step, unless you are required to take additional courses to meet other grant or compliance requirements.
- Select Introduction to Animal Care and Use under Question 6, Animal Research and Animal Users, to access the required animal welfare training course.
- Check the boxes for any species specific courses or topics relevant to your work. For example, if you will be working with wild animals in the field, select Wildlife/Field Research in addition to the Introduction to Animal Care and Use course.
- If your registration is complete, click on Finalize Registration.
Your learner account registration is complete.
On the Main Menu, click on the course name to begin the course.
If you need to change your course registration, click on Add a Course or Update Learner Group.
1. Go to www.citiprogram.org and log in with your username and password.
2. Ensure you are affiliated with the University of Idaho. If you are not, go to the Main Menu and click on "Click here to affiliate with another institution."
3. Type University of Idaho in the text box.
4. Once affiliated, enroll in CITI Program courses. The University of Idaho currently offers CITI courses for a variety of research-related topics. Leave the checkboxes blank under questions 1-5 (unless you are required to take additional courses to meet other grant or compliance requirements).
a. Select "Introduction to Animal Care and Use" under Question 6, "Animal Research and Animal Users" to access the mandatory training.
b. Check the boxes for any species-specific courses or topics relevant to your work. For example, if you will be working with wild animals in the field, select "Wildlife/Field Research" in addition to the "Introduction to Animal Care and Use" course.
5. If your registration is complete, click "Finalize Registration."
6. On the Main Menu, click on the course name to begin the course. If you need to change your course registration, click on "Add a course or update learner group."
7. Review the course materials and take the associated quizzes.
Visit the AWMSP page for more information.