Templates, Forms and Guidance
Protocol must be submitted using the online submission system VERAS.
Below are some forms, templates and guidance that may be useful for your human subjects research submission.
- Consent Form Template - Standard (This version must be used for non-exempt federally-funded protocols submitted after January 21, 2019)
- Consent Form Template - Survey/Interview/Focus Group
- Additional Considerations for NIH funded research and Clinical Trials
- HIPAA Authorization Form
- HIPAA Application Supplement Form
- Guidance on Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement projects
- Guidance on Course-Related Activities Involving Human Subjects
- Child Assent Form for Survey - Ages 3 to 12
- Teen Assent Form for Survey - Ages 13 to 17
- Parental Permission Form for Survey
Guidance on Data Use Agreements (DUA) - As members of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) we are committed to using their forms. Please refer to the FDP website for templates and guidance charts on when and how to use the FDP templates. We are willing to use another institutions version of the DUA form if they are not a member of FDP.