* denotes student author
- Huang, L.*, Liao, F. H., Lohse, K. A., Larson, D. M., Fragkias, M., Lybecker, D. L., & Baxter, C. V. (2019). Land conservation can mitigate freshwater ecosystem services degradation due to climate change in a semiarid catchment: The case of the Portneuf River catchment, Idaho, USA. Science of the Total Environment, 651, 1796-1809.
- Ptak, T., Nagel, A.*, Radil, S. M., & Phayre, D. (2018). Rethinking community: Analyzing the landscape of community solar through the community-place nexus. The Electricity Journal, 31(10), 46-51.
- Feng, W., Abatzoglou, J. T., Hicke, J. A., & Liao, F. H. F. (2017). Interannual county-level climate-yield relationships for winter wheat on the Columbia Plateau, USA. Climate Research, 74(1).
- Radil, S. M., Dezzani, R. J., & McAden, L. D.* (2017). Geographies of US Police Militarization and the Role of the 1033 Program. The professional geographer, 69(2), 203-213.
- Lute, A.C.*, J.T. Abatzoglou, K.C. Hegewisch, 2015, Projected changes in snowfall extremes and interannual variability of snowfall in the western U.S., Water Resources Research, 10.1002/2014WR016267
- Morrison, K. D.*, and Kolden C. A., 2015, Modeling the impacts of wildfire on runoff and pollutant transport from coastal watersheds to the nearshore environment, Journal of Environmental Management, 151: 113-123. doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2014.12.025
- Abatzoglou J.T., R. Barbero, J.W. Wolf*, Z. Holden, 2014, Tracking interannual streamflow variability with drought indices in the Pacific Northwest, Journal of Hydrometeorology, 15, 1900–1912
- Lute, A.C.* and J.T. Abatzoglou, 2014, Role of extreme snowfall events in interannual variability of snowfall accumulation in the western United States, Water Resources Research, 50, doi:10.1002/2013WR014465
- Peterson, A.G.* and J. T. Abatzoglou, 2014, Observed Changes in False Springs over the Contiguous United States Geophysical Research Letters, 41, 2156-2162, doi 10.1002/2014GL059266.
- 2014, Edwards, L.M., M.J. Bunkers, J.T. Abatzoglou, D.P. Todey, L. Parker*, 2014, October 2013 Blizzard in western South Dakota [in "Explaining Extremes of 2013 from a Climate Perspective"] Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, 95 (9), S23-S26
- Morrison, K. D.*, and Kolden C. A., 2014, Development of a Historical Multi-Year Land Cover Classification Incorporating Wildfire Effects, Land, 3(4), 1214-1231
- Meddens, A. J. H.* and J. A. Hicke, 2014, Spatial and temporal patterns of Landsat-based detection of tree mortality caused by a mountain pine beetle outbreak in Colorado, USA, Forest Ecology and Management, 322, 78-88
- Creeden, E. P.*, J. A. Hicke, and P. C. Buotte*, 2014, Climate, weather, and recent mountain pine beetle outbreaks in the western United States Forest Ecology and Management, 312, 239-251
- Bowlick, F. J.*, and Kolden, C. A., 2013, Effects of an introductory geography course on student perceptions of geography at the University of Idaho, Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 37(4), 515-535
- Meddens, A. J. H.*, and J. A. Hicke, 2013, Evaluating methods to detect bark beetle-caused tree mortality using single-date and multi-date Landsat imagery, Remote Sensing of Environment, 132, 49-58
- Berg, A. R., C. L. Heald, K. E. Huff Hartz, A. G. Hallar, A. J. H. Meddens*, J. A. Hicke, J. F. Lamarque, and S. Tilmes, 2013, The impact of bark beetle infestations on monoterpene emissions and secondary organic aerosol formation in western North America, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 13, 3149-3161
- Stamper, T. J.*, J. A. Hicke, M. Jennings, and J. Aycrigg, 2012, Spatial and temporal patterns of changes in protected areas across the southwestern United States Biodiversity and Conservation, 22, 343-356
- Bright, B. C., J. A. Hicke, and A. T. Hudak, 2012, Landscape-scale analysis of aboveground tree carbon stocks affected by mountain pine beetles in Idaho, Environmental Research Letters, 7, 1-6
- Meddens, A. J. H.*, J. A. Hicke, and C. Ferguson, 2012, A gridded forest bark beetle disturbance data set for western US and British Columbia derived from aerial survey databases, Ecological Applications, 22, 1876-1891
- Bright, B. C.*, J. A. Hicke, and A. T. Hudak, 2012, Estimating aboveground carbon stocks of a forest affected by mountain pine beetle in Idaho using lidar and multispectral imagery, Remote Sensing of Environment, 124, 270-281
- Goetz, S. J., B. Bond-Lamberty, B. Law, J. A. Hicke, R. A. Houghton, S. McNulty, T. O’Halloran, A. J. H. Meddens*, E. M. Pfeifer*, D. Mildrexler, and E. Kasischke, 2012, Observations and assessment of forest carbon recovery following disturbance in North America, Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences, 117, G02022, doi:10.1029/2011JG001733
- Meddens, A. J. H.*, J. A. Hicke, and L. A. Vierling, 2011,Evaluating the potential of multispectral imagery to map multiple stages of tree mortality, Remote Sensing of Environment, 115, 1632-1642
- Pfeifer, E. M.*, J. A. Hicke, and A. J. H. Meddens*, 2011, Observations and modeling of aboveground tree carbon stocks and fluxes following a bark beetle outbreak in the western United States, Global Change Biology, 7, 339–350