Applicants who meet the priority deadline will receive priority consideration for admission and assistantships.
- Fall - Jan. 15
- Spring - Sept. 1
- Summer - Feb. 1
All materials should be sent directly to the University of Idaho Graduate Admissions office. When packets are complete, they forward materials to our department for review. Please note that all of these items must be received in the Graduate Admissions office by the application deadline, including the letters of recommendation, otherwise you run the risk of not being considered for an assistantship due to an incomplete application.
- Department Application Form
- University Graduate College application form
- Official transcripts from each university attended
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation can be sent via email to Graduate Admissions at email@example.com
- Statement of interest, including relevant work and/or research experience
Information on How to Apply
Please review the following links.
- Guide to Graduate Admissions
- Admission Requirements
- International Applicants
- Financial Information
Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact faculty members directly to find out more information about specific research programs and research funding opportunities in the department.
Need Additional Information?
For additional information about scholarships, assistantships, tuition waivers, or the Geological Sciences academic program, please contact:
Leslie Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Geological Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 3022
Moscow, ID 83844-3022