- Ph.D., 2007, Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park
Applied harmonic analysis (frame theory, sampling theory, compressed sensing, approximation theory).
- Associate Professor, Mathematics, University of Idaho, 2016 - present
- Assistant Professor, Mathematics, University of Idaho, 2010 - 2016
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics, Princeton University, 2009-2010
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Arizona State University, 2007-2009
- S. Datta, Frames, erasures, and signal estimation with stochastic models, Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, Vol. 169, Issue 1, pp. 411 – 431, 2020.
- S. Datta and J. Oldroyd, Low coherence unit norm tight frames, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Vol. 67, Issue 6, pp. 1174 - 1189, 2019.
- S. Datta and J. Oldroyd, Construction of k-angle tight frames, published online 19 May 2016, Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, Vol. 37, Issue 8, pp. 975 – 989, 2016.
- S. Datta, Welch bounds for cross correlation of subspaces and generalizations, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Vol. 64, No. 8, pp. 1484 – 1497, 2016. DOI:10.1080/03081087.2015.1091437
- E. Au-Yeung and S. Datta, Tight frames, partial isometries, and signal reconstruction, Applicable Analysis, Vol. 94, No. 4, pp 653 – 671, 2015.
- S. Datta, Frame properties of low autocorrelation random sequences, Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 5, pp. 243 – 253, 2014.
- S. Datta, S. Howard, and D. Cochran, Sampling of homogeneous polynomials and approximating multivariate functions, Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol.3, Issue 4, pp. 421 - 441, 2013.
- S. Datta, S. Howard, and D. Cochran, Geometry of the Welch bounds, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Vol. 437, Issue 10, pp. 2455 - 2470, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.laa.2012.05.036.
- K. Ni, S. Datta, P. Mahanti, S. Roudenko, D. Cochran, Efficient deterministic compressed sensing for images with chirps and Reed-Muller codes, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 931-953, 2011.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Discrete autocorrelation-based multiplicative MRAs and sampling on R, Sampl. Theory Signal Image Process, Vol. 10, pp. 111 - 133, 2011.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Construction of infinite unimodular sequences with zero autocorrelation, Advances in Computational Mathematics, Vol. 32, Issue 2, pp. 191-207, 2010.
- S. Datta and J. Oldroyd, Finite Frame Theory, Chapter 6 (pp. 145 - 170) in the volume A Primer for Undergraduate Research: From Groups and Tiles to Frames and Vaccines of the series Foundations for Undergraduate Research in Mathematics, Springer, 2017.
- J. J. Benedetto and S. Datta, Constructions and a generalization of perfect autocorrelation sequences on Z, Springer Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2012.
- Simons Foundation (Collaboration Grants for Mathematicians), Frame theory in approximation and signal processing, 09/01/2020 – 08/31/2025
- Research grant: Stochastic frames in signal processing, NSF CIF, 07/01/2014 – 06/30/2017 (Principal Investigator)
- Research grant: Construction of unimodular sequences for waveform agile sensing, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 08/16/2010 - 08/15/2013 (Principal Investigator)
- Project NExT (New Experiences in Teaching) Fellowship, 2010 - 2011, American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America