High School Mathematics Competition at the University of Idaho
Get ready for the first Annual High School Mathematics Competition at the University of Idaho!
When? March 4, 2022
Where? University of Idaho campus in Moscow, Idaho
Schedule? Registration will begin at 8:30/9:00 am and the awards ceremony will end by 3:00 pm. Specific schedule details will be posted soon.
Cost? There is no cost to register a team. This is a free competition!
What is the competition? Teams of two to four students will compete against other teams within their selected division. Teams can be composed of students from different schools. All high school students are invited to participate. Schools can have multiple teams (there is no limit to the number of teams from each school).
Interested? If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please fill out this online form.
Prizes include cash awards and scholarships for top teams!
Division I: Using high school curriculum up to 10th grade, including Algebra I and Geometry.
Division II: Using the entire high school curriculum, including Algebra II, Trigonometry, and Calculus.
Questions? For more information or to ask questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Early Registration Deadline
Friday, January 7, 2022
Early Registration Incentive
Teachers who register their teams by Friday, January 7th will be entered into a drawing for an Idaho Swag Bag. This early registration incentive is available through January 7th. Incentive prize winners will be given their Idaho Swag Bag during check-in on the day of competition.
Friday, February 18, 2022
How to Register a Team
Teachers will use the online registration form to:
- Register each team
- There is no cost to register a team. This is a free competition!
- Enter the names of students who will be participating on a team (2-4 participants per team; students can be from different schools; this information can be updated during check-in on the day of competition)
- Schools can have multiple teams (there is no limit to the number of teams from each school)
- Indicate which Division the team will compete in.
- Enter the number of parking passes requested (up to 5, free of charge)
If you have questions during registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the day of the Mathematics Competition, teams should go directly to the Check-In area, located in the Idaho Student Union Building, Clearwater & Whitewater Rooms.
During Check-In, teams will be given:
- Swag bags for each student and teacher (drawstring bag, reusable water bottle, plus more!)
- Nametags, which students and teachers are to wear throughout the day
- Schedule of events
Teams will also be filling out information on each team participant to complete the registration process.
This is a great time for us to answer any questions you have and provide information for the day.
Friday, March 4, 2022
Registration Check-In will begin at 8:30/9:00 am and the awards ceremony will end by 3:00 pm. Specific schedule details will be posted soon.
- 8:30am/9:00am, Registration Check-In, ISUB Clearwater/Whitewater Rooms
- Watch for additional schedule details to be posted soon!
- 2:30 - 3:00pm, Awards Reception (results announced and prizes awarded)
Lunch is on your own during the scheduled mid-day break.
The Idaho Student Union Building offers several dining choices, including Einstein's Bagels, Chick-fil-A, and Qdoba. In addition, there are a wide variety of choices adjacent to campus including Taco Time, Patty's Mexican Kitchen, Mod Pizza, Wendy's, Arby's, Zip's, McDonald’s, Panda Express.
Parking passes are required on the University of Idaho campus. Up to five visitor parking passes will be provided for each registered team, free of charge. The number of passes needed can be indicated on the online team registration form.
Additional parking passes can be purchased from Parking and Transportation Services. Cost for Visitor Permits is $3 per day.
There are several lodging options within Moscow. Teams are responsible for their own lodging accommodations.
Here are a few options near campus: