2017 College & Department Award Winners
College of Science
John B. George Award
Chosen from the Dean’s Award nominees and presented to the outstanding graduating senior in the college based on academic achievement and service to the university community.
- Hailey Smith (Chemistry, Biochemistry and Philosophy)
Awarded to the outstanding senior in each department.
- Ben Anzis (Mathematics)
- Victor Atkinson (Geography)
- Brian Carter (Physics, Mathematics)
- Augustus Koch (Microbiology)
- Matthew Peterson (Geology)
- Hailey Smith (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Philosophy)
- Katherine Sussman (Biology, also Animal and Veterinary Sciences)
Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
Awarded to a graduating senior who has performed outstanding original research in science or mathematics.
- Eric Stauffer (Geology)
Dean's Graduate Award
Awarded to the outstanding graduate student in each department.
- Ruma Joshi (PhD, Chemistry)
- Shannon MacKenzie (PhD, Physics)
- Hannah Marx (PhD, BCB)
- Diego Morales-Briones (PhD, Biology)
- Kristina Pourtabib (PhD, Geology)
- Malcolm Rupert (PhD, Mathematics
Diane Haynes Memorial Award
Presented to an outstanding graduate student in the College of Science.
- Lauren Parker (PhD, Geography)