- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, Materials Science and Engineering, 1995.
- Physics of materials with emphasis on UV bandgap-engineered luminescent alloys.
- UV spectroscopy including luminescence and Raman scattering.
- Growth and synthesis of luminescent materials.
- Handbook of Luminescent Semiconductor Materials, Leah Bergman and Jeanne L. McHale (Editors), CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2011.
- "The Formation of MgZnO Luminescent Ceramics", John L. Morrison, Jesse Huso, Hui Che, Dinesh Thapa, Michelle Huso, M. Grant Norton, and Leah Bergman. To appear in: Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 2011.
- "ZnO and MgZnO Nanocrystalline Flexible Films: Optical and Material Properties", J. Huso, J. L. Morrison, H. Che, J. P. Sundararajan, W-J. Yeh, D. McIlroy, T. J. Williams, and L. Bergman, J. Nanomaterials 2011 (2011), Article ID 691582.
- "Microstructure Evolution and Photoluminescence in Nanocrystalline MgxZn1-xO Thin Films", U. Sahaym, M. G. Norton, J. Huso, J. L. Morrison, H.Che, and L. Bergman, to appear in: Nanotechnology, 2011.