University of Idaho Confucius Institute (UICI) Faculty Fellows
UICI Faculty Fellows have interests that intersect with the mission of the University of Idaho Confucius Institute, to promote educational and cultural exchange opportunities between China and Idaho. Membership provides Fellows the opportunity to network with others on campus who are also interested in interdisciplinary discussions related to China, and to pursue possibilities to advance their own China-related research, teaching and service. Fellows also help to promote and deliver various programs and initiatives of the Confucius Institute.
Benefits of becoming a UICI Faculty Fellow:
- Eligible to apply for UICI Faculty Fellows Research Grant
- Facilitated contact with scholars in China
- Opportunities to present China-related research on campus, or at U of I sites in Boise or Coeur d'Alene
- Special consideration for annual UICI-subsidized faculty trips to China
- Attend the semi-annual Fellows reception
- Listing on UICI website and potential feature in newsletter
- Free Chinese lessons in UICI Mandarin I or II community classes (as available)
To join the UICI Faculty Fellows, please submit a short paragraph describing what interests you about the UICI Fellows program, ways in which you might incorporate more about China in your teaching and/or research, and your U of I CV. Send the material to Dr. Jeff Kyong-McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14, 2019. Any questions may also be directed to Dr. Kyong-McClain.