Transforming students’ learning into Passion, Empowerment, and Purpose.
We inspire students to learn, lead, thrive, and positively impact their communities throughout their lives.
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management contributes to the university’s mission by providing access to and engaging students in an inclusive community that provides intentional learning experiences designed to cultivate self-awareness, wellness, care and respect for others, and build the foundation for a successful life and career.
- Caring – Supportive environment that inspires an ethic of concern for others
- Collaboration – Maintain work partnerships based on collegiality, innovation and teamwork
- Excellence — Culture of research that informs decisions and assessment that guides actions
- Holistic Student Development – Comprehensive programs that result in academic and career success, life-long learning, personal growth, wellness, and multicultural competencies
- Inclusion – Champions for social justice, diversity and respect
- Integrity – Ethical culture based on honesty, reliability and trust
- Responsibility – Doing our best, going the extra mile and taking ownership for outcomes
Strategic Goals & Objectives
Foster a caring, diverse and inclusive Vandal community.
- Create a safe and inclusive environment that ensures all students access to the Vandal Experience
- Maintain and enhance space that promotes interaction and community building
- Develop programs and educational opportunities that enhance student involvement and a
- sense of purpose and belonging
- Create the framework and infrastructure to support students in distress
- Provide education and support for addressing behaviors that impede student success
Build a vibrant, dynamic, and innovative team dedicated to providing outstanding service to the campus community.
- Promote continuous professional development and training
- Create a culture of data-informed decision making
- Engage in continuous process improvements to increase effectiveness
- Foster a safe working environment for staff to explore, take risks and learn
Improve retention and graduation rates through a comprehensive and immersive experience that promotes student access, well-being, engagement, and success.
- Improve retention of undergraduate students
- Empower students to reach academic, career and life goals
- Support students in exploring options and identifying pathways to achieve goals
- Offer programs that support academic success and holistic health/well-being
- Focus on the individual through personalized services
- Review program delivery and provide active learning opportunities for students
- Provide transformational experiences that promote exploration, leadership, lifelong engagement and well-being
- Clarify and convey the educational experience both inside and outside the classroom