COVID-19 Time Reporting Checklist and Instructions
Last Updated: Jan. 14, 2021
COVID-19 has caused us to work from a variety of locations. Your timecard should be reflective.
If you worked the entire pay period at your regular work site:
- Fill out a time card in the regular fashion. Exempt employees do not need to fill out a timecard.
If you worked some or all of the pay period at a location other than your regular work site:
- Any portion worked at your regular work site is reported as usual.
- The portion of the pay period worked remotely must be in the earning line “COVID-19 Telework.” This is a necessary step to track telework in anticipation of applying for federal funding, should it become available.
- Classified employees report actual hours worked remotely using the COVID-19 Telework code.
- Exempt employees and faculty who generally do not report time worked must still report time worked remotely, up to 80 hours per pay period, under the COVID-19 Telework code. Do not report additional remote working in excess of the maximum. The report does not impact the amount of salary paid to an exempt employee.
If you need time away from work due to COVID-19, visit the Leave Due to COVID-19.