Request More Information
Engineer solutions for bioenergy and water and soil quality.
The engineering and technological problems facing agriculture, the environment, and natural resources are growing increasingly complex. This program provides the broad knowledge and investigative skills to solve these problems.
In this program, you will explore advanced methods and tools to improve soil and water conditions or design and test new ways to produce biodiesel and other forms of alternative energy from feedstock.
Using the latest software programs, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and image analysis, you could research and design systems for irrigation, runoff, erosion control in watersheds, stream restoration, and the protection and enhancement of natural and agricultural lands.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in civil, chemical, or biological agricultural engineering
- Are interested in lab work and research in the field
- Want to solve practical problems in the field
- Have strong research and critical-thinking skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Research engineer/professor
- Bioremediation engineer
- Regulatory engineer
- Design engineer
- Project engineer
- Consulting engineer
Materials Science & Engineering, M.S.