Love fire? Do you want to gain some operational fire experience and training while in school? Here is what you can do as part of the Student Association for Fire Ecology:
- Participate in prescribed burning locally (Moscow, Cheney, Lapwai) and nationally (Florida and New Jersey)
- Take needed S-classes, offered by Idaho Department of Lands just for our club
- Earn money for the club, gain experience, and get free SAFE club attire by participating in "Fire Fighter for Hire" - yard work including thinning trees, cutting firewood, cleaning gutters, moving heavy things.
- Learn new skills such as how to operate radios, maintain chainsaws, and teach all ages about fire.
- Have fun - the SAFE club is a great group of hardworking folks!
Current officers are:
- President: Dillon Alexander
- Vice President: Ben Ranger
- Secretary/Treasurer: Denver Ward
- Club Advisor: Heather Heward
Interested in joining? Contact club advisor Heather Heward at firstname.lastname@example.org!