Field Placement Reports
What specific field experiences need to be reported?
Any activity described below that takes place outside the State of Idaho must be reported:
- Internships/Externships that are credit-bearing OR required for graduation
- Student teaching assignments (may also require approval from the board responsible for teacher credentialing in the state)
- Clinical assignments (may also require approval from the board responsible for licensure in the state)
- Field trips (as part of a credit-bearing course) where students receive instruction (not travel time) of more than 20 hours in a state other than Idaho.
- Credit-bearing courses in which students receive more than 20 hours of instruction in a state other than Idaho.
What activities do not need to be reported on the Field Experience form?
- Distance courses—CETL tracks these courses separately
- Data gathering by individual students for research (e.g. for dissertation, thesis, or senior project)
- Non-credit-bearing courses/workshops (other than internships/externships listed above)
- Non-credit-bearing service learning
Whenever you are not sure about the need to report an activity on the field experience form, please contact CETL via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will research the situation for you.
As the state authorization liaison for the campus, the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) reviews out of state field experiences (for on campus and distance students) to ensure that the university is in compliance with all authorization requirements for a particular state.
Departments must fill out the Field Placement Report (PDF) for all field experiences. Complete this form and send as an attachment to email@example.com. We suggest downloading the PDF to your computer and opening it in the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete and save the filled out form as a file.
If you have multiple students involved in the same field experience, complete the form with details of the placement and send a list of all participating students along with the completed form.