Proctor Selection and Approval
An examination proctor is an individual who works at a verified testing center that Engineering Outreach (EO) has approved.
- You are responsible for reviewing our proctoring requirements and submitting information about your examination proctor to us before the first day of the semester.
- EO will not release exams until a suitable proctor is approved by us.
- Allow two business days for the approval process and exam distribution to occur.
- EO can require you to select a new proctor OR use a specific proctor, at our discretion.
- You are responsible for paying verified testing center fees.
- Proctors must read, understand, and speak English.
If you cannot find a pre-approved testing center near your location on our map, you can propose a proctor from one of the following categories:
- A testing center certified by the National College Testing Association (NCTA)
- A verifiable university/college testing center
- A verifiable corporate/military educational testing facility
You can search for a testing center near you at the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Website.
Review the proctoring responsibilities listed below and discuss them with your proctor before submitting the Proctor Information form to EO. Your proctor must be willing and able to do the following:
- Administer open- or closed-book/notes, timed or take-home exams
- Download and print PDF file exams from the secure EO Portal
- Maintain exam files at a secure location
- Provide a location to administer timed exams under their direct supervision and observation
- Verify your identity by checking valid photo ID
- Follow exam instructions and complete the proctor certification
- Return a copy of each exam by fax or email to our office within 24 hours of exam completion
- Retain the original exam until you receive a grade for the course
After discussing the proctoring responsibilities with your proctor, you will need to provide us with his or her information. You can submit this information directly from EO's US Proctor Map or International Proctor Map for all pre-approved proctors.
We will also send EO's Proctor Form to your VandalMail address after you register, to allow you to propose a proctor not appearing on EO's Proctor Map.
After you submit our proctor form, we will verify your proctor and will contact you if your proctor is not approved.
You can review your proctor information after classes begin by selecting the "Your Information" icon from your course in the EO Portal.
If you live near Boise, Idaho Falls, or Moscow, Idaho, you are required to use the following proctors unless other arrangements are approved. These proctors have already been approved by our office. Please contact them to discuss their testing hours and fees before submitting your form.
322 E Front Street, Room 232
Boise ID 83702-7365
Contact: Denise Engebrecht, email@example.com, (208) 364-6123
1784 Science Center Drive, Suite 202
Idaho Falls ID 83402-1575
Contact: Debbie Caudle, firstname.lastname@example.org, (208) 757-5454
Mary E. Forney Hall, Room 306 (formerly Continuing Education Building)
1210 Blake Ave
Moscow ID 83844-3140
Contact: University of Idaho Counseling and Testing Center, email@example.com, (208) 885-5138