The Outdoor Rental Center has the Northwest's largest inventory of outdoor rental equipment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU DURING THIS TIME:
- All customers should maintain social distancing.
- Patrons must return equipment dry and cleaned.
- Curbside pick-up and drop-off is available and recommended. Feel free to make an appointment and we will meet with you outside with your equipment.
- Returned equipment will be disinfected or immediately laundered before the next rental.
- Signs will be placed in visible areas to highlight new COVID-19 procedures.
- Reservations are strongly recommended. All reservations are confirmed upon full payment.
Summer Hours: We are open weekdays 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that we will be closed on the following days: May 31 (Memorial Day), June 5 - 13 (Annual Maintenance) and July 5 (University Closure).
Payment: We accept credit, debit, cash or check.
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. Current U of I students receive a discount on all rentals with their VandalCard.
The U of I Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted with payment at the rental center.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after Five days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment at the rental center.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.
Academic Rental Center Hours
Monday - Friday | 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Summer Rental Center Hours
Monday - Friday | 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Rental Center will be closed May 17 - 21, Memorial Day (May 31), June 5 - 13 for annual maintenance and July 3 - 5.