Vandal Cheer Tryouts
Cheer Tryout Material
In efforts to help keep everyone safe during these times of COVID-19, we will be doing the first round video only.
- Applications are due April 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST.
- First round videos due May 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST.
- Those making it to final round will be notified by May 8, 2020 via email.
- Final round is tentatively set for the weekend of May 22, 2020. Depending on information regarding COVID-19, details may change.
Listed below are the requirements for first round tryouts:
- Short introduction of yourself and why you want to be part of the Vandal Spirit Squad.
- Standing tumbling (recommended standing back handspring or tuck)
- Running tumbling (recommended roundoff back handspring tuck)
- Right and left Kicks (women only)
- Right and left splits (women only)
- Fight Song
- Uptight dance (women only)
- Chant - Get Up and Get Em
Fight song- you may choose any ripple you would like as long as it’s the same ripple throughout the entire dance. If you are able to, please add back handspring or standing tuck at the end of fight song.
- Fight Song Counts (video)
- Fight song with music (use as reference- 3:30 minutes in) (video)
- Uptight- repeat twice through to music of your choice (video)
- Chant (video)
If you have any questions regarding material feel free to email the coach at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-7057.